- Piedmont Valley Farm’s Market Gardens are grown with agro-ecological and permaculture practices
- NO synthetic herbicides, fungicides, pesticides, preservatives or fertilizers for environmental health, and yours!
- On-Farm seed saving and local organic and open-pollinated heritage seed sources
- Minimal tillage, rotational crops, manual weeding, compost and poultry enriched soil
- Seasonal fruits and produce include varieties of berries, greens, beans, squash, and herbs
- Ongoing planting of an assortment of nut and fruit-bearing trees and shrubs that will produce in time
- Hand-harvested small batches of ‘Brambleberry Tea’: A delicious and refreshing loose leaf blend of naturally dried blackberry, red and golden raspberry leaf – limited special editions with mint and wild rose petals
- Farm grown fruit jam and flower jellies are made with fair-trade organic cane sugar
- Edible flowers and rustic bouquets on occasion
Visit our Facebook page to discover what is freshly harvested and available at the Farmgate by appointment.
You can also visit our Vendor table each week at the MERIGOMISH SCHOOLHOUSE MARKET & CAFÉ
We occasionally host “THE CLASSROOM CAFÉ”, often featuring Farm chicken, fruit and produce on the brunch menu.
**2020 UPDATE** The Schoolhouse Market season has been postponed due to Covid-19 social distancing initiatives. Please contact the Farm to purchase any of our great products, and stay tuned for updates on the Market opening!
Are you an artisan, craft maker or producer of an interesting product but have no interest in Market vending? We can help!
We offer low-cost consignment sales for great local items at the Farm’s Vendor table. Contact us to discuss yours!
Follow these links to learn more about how our natural gardens grow:
And why we choose fair-trade organic sugar in our Farm fruit and flower preserves … https://fairtrade.ca/en-CA/Farmers-and-Workers/Sugar/About-Sugar